St. Lawrence Seaway
- Opened to deep draft navigation in 1959
- Distance from the Atlantic Ocean to Duluth, Minnesota via Lake Superior is 2,038 nautical miles and takes 8.5 sailing days
- Since 1959, more than 2.5 billion tons of cargo (estimated at $375 billion!) have moved to and from the Canada, the United States, and 50+ other nations
- Almost 25% of Seaway traffic travels to and from overseas ports, especially in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Includes some of North America's largest ports
- Has maintained a near-perfect record of trouble-free navigation through ongoing improvements and meticulous maintenance for more than 50 years
- Is of strategic geographic importance: directly serves Ontario, Quebec, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York, and Pennsylvania!